Saturday 12 December 2015

IF I LET YOU IN (is being set to music )

IF I LET YOU IN
If I let you in would I let you win?
If I opened my heart would you tear it apart?
If I let you into these concrete walls so tall
Where would we be at all?
If I let you in would we both win?
Should I let you in when you keep stumbling on the floor?
Should I let you in when you cannot stop knocking on the door?
Is it worth all the risk to let you in?
Should I let you in where I keep all my secrets safe?
Should I let you in in my deepest places?
Where I have kept myself safe
Are you playing it safe?
Or just a playing kind
Where I do mind with your mind games
That is why I won’t let you in with your fame
If I let you in would you make this house a home?
Or would you rather roam?
Is it worth it to be hurt like before?
Are you worth the risk to be let in?
And you keep saying
“I am not sure”
So why should I let you in?
Prove yourself to be let in!
Prove, prove
Because I shall move away from this door
Where you will be no more
© Teresa Joseph Franklin
12th December 2014

All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment