Friday 10 December 2021

WHICHEVER PATH YOU CHOOSE

WHICHEVER PATH YOU CHOOSE

Win or lose

The choices are in abundance

There is a path that is happy, sad and glad

But hey the sun is shining, there is no whining

Its rays spreading outwards and inwards

Which path to choose

Left

 Right

Or

  Center

There are chances to take and make

These are roads less travelled

There are tracks on the paths

Where travelers have ridden and trodden

But which is the true path that leads to which way you want to go?

That is surely up to you!

Questions and more questions

Deliberating, reflecting, considering, pondering

But the more we stand and look down those paths

Surely we are missing the point?

Surely we are missing an opportunity?

Is the grass greener on the other side?

No, no it’s fake

Fake as hell!

They can keep their hell

Their falsehoods

Hoodwinks

Lies, I so despise

Their poking their noses in

Finding your deepest darkest of secrets

Failures, failures

Fissures

Cracks, crevices

And a fractured mind

Whoa!

Yes they’ll find it all out

Whether or not you have dug it so deep

They’ll find it all out and use it against you

Believe me

I’ve experienced it fully!

Their Narcissism just to get a story

Their lying, cheating ways

Then you see it all in

Blacks and white

Making you to be the bad person that you are not

“Frantic, irrational, neurotic and emotional”

(F.I.N.E)

As they put it in Counseling terms

Oh and not forgetting their heaps of jealousy

They don’t like others from Social Housing to be successful

I’m proud of my roots

It’s where I came from

Standing tall and proud of my achievements

It’s all about them, them and more them

Just to line their wallets and pockets

They are devious!

They’ll find a way into your own home

Illegally!

Trust me, believe me

They’ll do anything

They’ll stop at nothing

 

I’ve tasted that life and it’s not for me

The whistles and bells

That ring in success

Success is a mere fantasy

It’s been all about the extreme slogging away

Plodding away

Slamming away

To me there is no reality

Pomp and ceremonies

Glitz and glam

A sham!

The bright lights of success do not entice me

The walking that damn red carpet

The blinding camera lights

The pose here and there

Do they care?

Nope just a momentary headline

Hitting the news and magazines

Nope not for me at all!

Are those golden rays a pot of gold unsoiled, unspoilt?

We can never tell unless we travel those paths

© Teresa Helen Joseph-Nelson

Friday 10th December 2021

All Rights Reserved





2 comments:

  1. I love your style of writing... So raw. It's just like the world we live in... Raw and uncensored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying so David
      I sincerely appreciate you comments

      Delete