Saturday 11 July 2015

A DREAM THAT HAS PASSED ME BY


A DREAM THAT HAS PASSED ME BY
A dream that I thought would come true
All the way through
So real, so true
Has escaped, I never gave it a chance
There was a glance
A very short glimpse but then was it a trance
Like state
Seemed so surreal
Bizarre, macabre
Sending shivers down my spine
That glimmer of sunrays
As I walk this lonely, lonely shoreline
I still see your face
Smiling sweetly
Or was that a sneer or a snigger?
Smirk with a hint of a
‘You’re a jerk’
 Laughing stock of this race?
Well jerk how does it feel to be laughing on the other side of your face now?
That seven year itch is a bitch
But this woman is worth more than that BITCH
The lighthouse maybe in darkness now
But way deep, deep inside there is a beacon
Shining its light forth
Round and round
Backwards and forwards
I’m no lost soul
Heck are you kidding that I would lose that once more
You may snigger
Titter and chuckle
But guess who has the last word
And snigger, titter, and chuckle
I guess right now you may be thinking
She’ll be back, she always does
Oh jerks take a long, long look at your disgrace
The one user that will always escape
But in time, give it time
Guess who wins this battle of the wills
I WILL
So I walk this shoreline
Its beauty holds it all
I feel it, breathe it
Awakening with time
Sun shining
© Teresa Joseph Franklin
11th July 2015

All Rights Reserved 


No comments:

Post a Comment