Thursday 20 November 2014

NOTHING IS TRULY MINE

NOTHING IS TRULY MINE
This book that I am truly reading
All my wishes and dreams
Have not come to fruitation
Causing frustrations
But all I can do is dream
And wish
That the sun will continue to shine
And maybe one day you will be mine
My daily journal
My life’s journey
Read these words
Words of love
In this story
Yet they belong to another
Not to each other
The sheer, sheer disappointment
In the lovers voice
Not his or her choice
Yet they have left home
A home of warmth
Love
Adornment
Yet they have said to each other
“Oh please do not leave home”
“I’ll be your safety and guard”
How can those words ring so true?
And here they are both gone and left each other
For another!
Now here I am passing the time and hours
The hours and days
Not sure whether it is a wasted way
But here I lay
Wondering which way
Which way
Which way
Their eyes wide open
And here he is letting her down
And not gently
Breaking her heart
Right apart
And here she is letting him down
And not gently!
Oh what a pair
Oh what a tear
And it is breaking my heart
How can there be a cloudless sky?
The birds flying by
Without a care
And here I lay with a wrenching heart
That these two have torn apart
Maybe it is a familiar story
Or is it?
Or just a story waiting to happen
But my love for you will be eternal
No letting you down either
It’ll be a love for ever
Together
© Teresa Joseph Franklin
20th November 2014

All Rights Reserved




No comments:

Post a Comment